Reflecting on Ministry

Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Thursday schedule

Today, being Thursday it is the end of my working week.
So I find myself with lots of things to finish.
Today, for example, I have got my daughter up for school, made her lunch, and driven her to school.
On my return I spent 10 minutes in mp3 meditation (pray as you go) which was fairly distracted, and I can't at this stage (1.30 p.m.) remember much about it.
I have answered emails, and been to pick up a plaque for a new fixture in the church. It wasn't ready.
I have arrived for the Thursday Mass at 9.40 and I with 4 others have shared the Eucharist, morning tea and a bit of chat.
I talked to my arch-nemesis abouth the forthcoming wedding extravaganza of his granddaughter.
I am torn between agreeing with him about the over the top nature of this, whilst also wanting to say to him "Don't be so mean"
Part of this is my just disagreeing with him about everything...part of this is also genuine felt feeling.
I completed the paperwork for the National Church Life Survey and that is now ready to post.
I returned home and am looking at buyiong another car.
I have had time to make this blog. To download an online retreat. And to get ready to start making some meditation materials (audio for a forthcoming seminar).
This seems like quite a lot of stuff.
Is it ordered..is it meaningful.
Is it pastoral? Is it what I a parish priest am supposed to do?
It has a degree of comfortableness about it, which is not a bad thing. (necessarily)
And is perhaps more productive....in an ad hoc sort of a way....than many days

I am avoiding contacting people...though I know that when I do "arrange things"
I get a certain sense of satisfaction out of it.

There is here the issue abotu being busy, being productive, being intentional

Underneath all this I name the issue of motivation.....what causes me to do the things that I do...and to not do what I don't.

This weblog is a personal ministry reflection log. While your comments are appreciated they are not essentially what this log is about. So they may (or may not) be included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home